Green building is a new trend in construction that’s becoming increasingly popular, as eco-consciousness becomes more and more mainstream.
Also known as sustainable building or eco building, green building involves constructing a home in manner that has a minimal impact on the environment, both during construction and in the long run.
So what sets sustainable construction apart from a typical construction project? Consider the following.
- The home is built using materials from recycled and/or renewable resources.
- The materials are sourced locally to cut down on the negative environmental impact that results from hauling materials for long distances.
- The home is designed for maximum energy efficiency.
- The home may include special eco-friendly features, such as a geothermal heating and cooling system or a rain recovery system.
- The home may be built in a unique location, such as into the side of a hill or partially in a cave to save on energy costs.
- The home will have an energy efficient design and fixtures so as to minimize the amount of energy required to run the home.
- The property will feature natural and sustainable fabrics, furniture, flooring, fixtures and other materials.
These are just a few of the many ways in which a green built home is different from a home using traditional construction methods.
If there is a home present on the property that’s slated for demolition prior to the construction of the new sustainable home, this structure is typically demolished in a manner so as to minimize the adverse impact on the environment. For instance, materials are recycled or reused instead of discarded.
In terms of cost, the design and building costs of the home are sometimes a bit higher than traditional building costs due to the specialized design and systems required for the property. But in the long term, the savings can be significant. Plus there’s the peace of mind that you’re building in a way that has a minimal impact on the environment!
If you’re ready to build a new home using sustainable building methods, turn to “Scott Binsack,” of Mansions & Estates International. One of the nation’s premier building consultancies, Mansions & Estates has the experience and know-how required to see to it that your next project goes smoothly.
If you’re ready to start your new home construction project, turn to “Scott Binsack”, CEO and founder of Mansions & Estates International. Call 800.956.3855.